Software Development Capabilities
At Sky Insurance Tech, we are uniquely dedicated to building fully custom software solutions for companies in the insurance industry. Our approach is one of a kind in that we have the full resources and experience in the insurance industry to help you build your solutions from the ground up, all the way to deployment of your software. By maintaining a focus of only working in and around the insurance industry, our development times are reduced significantly because we share a common language with our clients.
Our Project Methodologies
Agile modeling (AM) helps to minimize risk by developing an application in short time boxes, called iterations. Each iteration is like a miniature software project of its own. Here the requirements may keep changing. An Agile model is accurate, consistent, detailed, simple and comprehensible. It is intended to be a compilation of values, principles, and practices for modeling software that can be applied to a software development project in a more flexible method than traditional modeling methods.
Our underlying principles for adopting AM are:
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through continuous delivery of workable software solutions
- Developing software and delivering solutions in short time boxes (in weeks than months)
- Continuous collaboration among team members to successfully execute the projects
- Responding to change requirements quickly to counter market challenges
- Conducting regular meetings to discuss the improvements, suggest new additions and betterments
Our product engineering team has been successfully delivering quality solutions to clients with dissimilar business requirements using a set of productive agile methods, namely Adaptive Software Development, Scrum, Agile Unified Process and Test Driven Development.
Waterfall model is also known as Classic Life Cycle Model or Linear Sequential Model. It is most suitable when the requirements are clearly defined. Here a one step at a time approach is followed. The waterfall model is a chronological development process where development is seen as flowing steadily downwards like a waterfall.
LAMP & PHP Development
Microsoft .net Portfolio
Custom PHP – MYSQL Projects
Projects using Yii Framework
Responsive Bootstrap projects
Rich Client jQUERY projects
HTML 5 / CSS / JQuery
SaaS Product Development
We undertake each project with utmost care and work very cautiously. We plan out a definite chart for action before making any decisions. Our team of experts monitor and review the project closely to avoid any malfunction. We manage and supervise the proper functioning of our clients’ projects so as to deliver on time, high performance services and facilities. Some of our methods and techniques include:
- Requirement capture
- Prototype & high level diagrams
- Module releases
- Periodic review & updates by the client
- Checklist method
- Well defined architecture
- Task & bug tracking system
- Source code & version control system
- Frequent review of SLA & planning documents by Project Manager
Our techniques and methods are detailed and clear. Our goals are well-defined, precise and we ensure our clients and customers get positive results. We are able to do this with the help of our awesome workforce.
- PMP Certified
- Agile Development Certified
- Microsoft Certified
- CSM Certified
How Do Our Project Management Practices Ensure Your Success?
While leading a project, we make sure we are working to the best of our abilities. Our aim is to help our project teams gain responsibility and experience while at the same time to keep our clients engaged during the development process. This is how we ensure 100% success in our project delivery and guaranteed client satisfaction. How do we do it?
This is how:
- Whether it is small or big, we kick off each project formally. This sets a certain expectation for the project which our clients appreciate.
- We document our projects well. This includes even the minutest of project management details like:
- Preparing communication plans on how project discussions will take place
- Preparing a project requirements document defines the scope that provides perspective for us and our clients
- Preparing design documents that help the developers to take forward the coding and testing of the solution
- We conduct regular weekly calls with our teams and the client to ensure that the team is on track and the client is aware about the project progress.
- When the product / sprint is developed we let the client test it so that they can see for themselves whether the product meets their expectations or not.
- Before handing over the product for deployment, we put together a proper closeout checklist to make sure:
- All the deliverables are done
- All the tasks are complete
- All the testing has been finished
If you have ever attempted to build and deploy a software program built from an insurance perspective, you likely have already learned the difficulties of navigating HIPAA and HITECH compliance laws. Further, if you have had to explain these to a software development team you know how frustrating that process is as well. Our focus on the insurance industry allows us to fully deploy compliant solutions in an easy, fast and secure manner.
We adopt a flexible approach to identify the opportunities that can help you garner maximum benefits of an affordable application development service. Our LAMP application team has extensive knowledge in custom software development on Web 2.0 framework and our expertise spans a wide range of open source technologies. Given below is a broad variety of the open source technologies we specialize in:
- Object oriented programming
- Enterprise integration and development adopting SOA environment
- Joomla, Rubby on rails, OS – Commerce, Perl, Python, Zen Cart, Apache, BOA (Embedded Web Server), Linux, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, uClinux (Embedded Linux), PHP, PHP CMS, MySQL and PostGreSQL, AJAX & AJAX Frameworks, Smarty, Tcl-Tk